On your Players page, you can see what players you have in your squad. Each team starts with 12 players, but you can promote rookies and transfer players. You may have as many players as you want, but if you have over 20 players, your gym will be too crowded and the players won't receive any training at all.
Your players get their salary paid on a weekly basis. Foreign players are paid an extra bonus of 10%.
Each player has 9 basic skills, ranging from 1 to 30. A player also has experience, based on the number and type of games played, which follows almost the same scale, experience starts at 0.
- Defence: Determines how good your player can cover his opponent.
- 2P: Determines how good the player is shooting around the basket (inside the 3-point line).
- 3P: Determines how good the player can shoot from the 3-point line.
- FT: Determines how good the player can make free throws.
- Dribbling: Determines how good a player can handle the ball. On 1 Vs 1 situations the player will lose less balls.
- Passing: Determines how good a player can pass the ball. This skill helps not turning over the ball when passing and increases the efficiency of the receiver of the pass. With faking passes, a player can create open shots for himself as well.
- Speed: Determines how fast your player is on offence and defence.
- Footwork: Determines how well a player can move their feet and establish position on offence and defence.
- Rebounds: Determines how well a player can rebound missed shots. But a good rebounder also helps his teammates to grab the ball by boxing out his opponent so others can take the rebound more easily.
- Rebound + Defence : helps taking defensive rebounds.
- Rebound + Footwork : helps taking offensive rebounds.
- Experience : Boosts all skills and helps in last quarter to avoid losing the ball and making the free throws. The effect of experience is not linear - i.e. the difference between the level 0 and 3 is greater than the level 12 and 15.
Please note: Rebounding is a team effort, so even though you won't see your best rebounder grabbing all of the rebounds in the game, he will still contribute to the number of rebounds grabbed by your team.
In addition, height and BMI play a role in the effectiveness of players.
The difference between the players' heights can affect shooting accuracy (the taller player will have an easier time shooting and will give a shorter player problems when they shoot).
- Big Height increases footwork and rebound but decrease dribbling
- Small Height increases dribbling but decreases footwork and rebound
- Big Weight lowers speed
- Big BMI lowers speed and increases footwork
- Form determines how your player is feeling himself at that time.
Another aspect that has an affect on your players' skills is fatigue. If your player has a lot of fatigue, he will perform a lot worse then when he would have no fatigue. So it is up to the manager, to manage the fatigue of al his players.
Skills used in the engine
Note that shooting skills (2P and 3P) don't help to have a good position for the shot. They only help to score when the position for a shot is already established. In order to have a good position for a shot or a pass, other skills are needed :
- PG : Passing, Dribbling>Speed>Footwork
- SG : Dribbling, Speed>Passing>Footwork
- SF : Speed>Dribbling>Footwork>Passing
- PF : Footwork>Speed>Dribbling>Passing
- C : Footwork>Speed>Passing>Dribbling
- PG: Defense>Speed>Dribbling, Passing>Footwork
- SG: Defense>Speed>Footwork, Dribbling>Passing
- SF: Defense>Speed>Footwork>Passing, Dribbling
- PF: Defense>Footwork>Speed>Passing, Dribbling
- C: Defense>Footwork>Speed>Passing>Dribbling
In game freethrows not only depend on the freethrow skill itself, but also 2pts and experience are very important, the last one especially in the last quarter.
Suggested height for each position:
- PG: 180cm to 195cm
- SG: 190cm to 200cm
- SF: 200cm to 210cm
- PF: 205cm to 220cm
- C: 210cm to 230cm
Suggested BMI for each position:
- PG: 23 or lower
- SG: 23 or lower
- SF: around 25
- PF: 27 or higher
- C: 27 or higher
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a relationship between weight and height that is associated with body fat.
The equation is BMI = body weight in kilograms / height in meters squared.
At the end of each season players younger than 18 years old will raise from a minimum of 1 cm to a maximum of 7 cms, keeping the same BMI.
Form is a small factor that reflects hot/cold streaks that players have on a weekly/monthly basis.
Form is updated at week update, it's influenced by playing time and some random, it ranges between 1 and 8. 1 equals being in a bad shape and 8 equals that your player is feeling like he can do anything.
The suggested position gives you a hint on where to put your players when making your team's tactics. Due to the versatility of most players, you will see two suggested positions with the most important one on the top of the list.
A low number of players have just one suggested position due to their low versatility.
Team chemistry rewards the stability of a team over constant trade activity. It has five different levels (great, good, decent, poor and terrible) and it gets updated daily during day update. Team chemistry influences how your team plays CCL, CWC, Friendlies, League, National Cup, All Star Matches, and all National Team matches. Other matches are not affected by TC.
Rookies are the exception to this rule and can be sold without any penalty in the first week after being promoted. After the first week they will be considered part of the team. Firing players doesn't affect Team Chemistry.
The experience of a coach improves the rate at which the team chemistry increases. The more experience a coach has, the faster a team's chemistry will rise if there are no changes. As with all skills, if a team has more than one coach, the coach with the highest experience skill will be used.
During the offseason, chemistry will change at a lower rate than during the season. While changes will still affect team chemistry, the reduced rate allows managers the opportunity to improve their team without a large chemistry penalty.
Each player has a fame level based on the number and type of games played. Being the MVP of a match also helps a player to raise his fame level. Thereby, grabbing an award when the season finished will contribute to a player his fame level as well.
Fame affects the weekly marketing income, as explained in the [Office] Economy page.
- Unknown Player
- Barely Known
- Decent Notoriety
- Team Player
- Local Spotlight
- Praised Future Star
- Charisma Player
- First Page Name
- Super Star
- Hall of Fame
At the end of every season, on Thursday after the last division match, there will be an award for those players who were the best in their roles.
These are the awards:
- First and second team of the division
- First and second defensive team
- Most Defensive Player
- Scoring Leader
- Best 3pt Shooter
- Rebounds Leader
- Assists Leader
- Steals Leader
- Blocks Leader
- Best Free Throw Shooter
- Best 2pt Shooter
- Most Valuable Player
- Giaomino's U21 MVP
- U18 Most Valuable Player
All the awards will be decided for those players who played at least 15 matches. If there won't be any eligible players for one award this limit will be ignored.
At the end of the season there will be given a ranking, depending on rates given by the engine. These results can even be influenced by results of the team where the players are playing.
Retirement age for players
Players aged 40 years old are finishing their professional career. Each manager having a 39 year old or older player will receive a message in his team news stating that his player(s) will retire next season.
- [Info] Charazay ()
- [New] Introduction for newbies ()
- [New] Your behaviour ()
- [Team] Players ()
- [Team] Tactics ()
- [Team] Training ()
- [Team] Rookie Academy ()
- [Team] Staff ()
- [Team] Matches ()
- [Team] Arena ()
- [Team] Achievements ()
- [Office] Economy ()
- [Office] Transfermarket ()
- [Office] Friendlies ()
- [Office] National Cup ()
- [World] International Cups ()
- [World] National Team ()
- [Extras] ICC ()
- [Extras] Private cups ()
- [User] Tutoring ()
- [User] CBMoney ()
- [User] Supporter ()
- [User] Federations ()
- [Info] Divisions ()
- [Info] Helpdesk ()
- [Info] Charazay Schedule ()
- [Prog] Certified Programs ()
- [Website] Staff ()
- [Website] Social Networks ()
- [Website] Chat ()
- [Basketball] What is it? ()