[New] Introduction for newbies
If you are new in Charazay, welcome to the most advanced online basketball management game!
Apply for a team
First of all, you need to apply for a team on the Charazay website. If there is a team available you will get your team. New users can take over an old team (abandoned by manager, but with new players) or receive a brand new team.
Existing owners can lose their teams, making room for new users. There are a number of reasons why an owner can be fired. These include not logging on to your team for 63 consecutive days (after 60 you receive an email and then 3 more days to log in), not logging on once in the first 14 days after receiving the team or receiving a ban due to cheating or violations of the rules any manager accepted to respect when he signed up.
You will find the sign up form by clicking the Register link.
NOTE: Make sure to check the spam folder of your email account if you don't find your activation mail in your inbox.
Read the [New] Your behaviour manual page carefully before playing the game.
Not all our users do it but it can avoid many problems to know what you can do or what you don't.
Once you received your team:
You probably came to this page to find advice on what to do, to start off and to find out how this game works. We hope to give you answers to the most urgent questions that you may have.
When you take control of your team, old players are replaced by new players. In addition, the bank account is reset to 0 EUR with all old debts being cleared, and to get some money to start with. We firmly recommend you to complete the tutorial that you will find under the "User" section in the menu.
Now that you have your team, you can see that you have 12 new players and a stadium that has 1500 normal seats and 50 VIP seats. Your new team will be placed in one of the last 2 leagues of your country.
New users will receive 10 CBMoney and a free 3 weeks supporter package after their registration.
They will also be subscribed in a rookie cup for FREE, to test their players with other starting teams.
What you need to know about your players:
As you can see, every player has the same skills. Different skills are needed for every position, and with this introduction we will try to explain you the basic things to make the best players selection.
The first step is to know what the best position is for a player at the first sight. This is the most important thing at the beginning.
In Charazay, all the skills are taken in account in every position but, of course, there are skills that are very important in one position but have a minimum impact in another position. In offence, the most important skills per position are the following:
- PG: Passing and dribbling are the main skills, but you have to take speed into account.
- SG: Dribbling and speed are the main skills, but you have to take passing into account.
- SF: Speed is the main skill. Then, dribbling is also important and footwork is in third position.
- PF: Footwork is the main skill. Speed is also important but it's secondary. Dribbling is the third skill.
- C: Footwork is the main skill. Speed is also important but it's secondary. Passing is the third skill.
Shooting skills are also important in all the positions. Probably not so important as primary skills, but you should take them into account.
In defence, the main skill is, obviously, defence, but you should know that speed and footwork are also important for defenders. Speed will be very useful for guards (PG/SG) and Footwork will be very useful for inside players (PF/C). About SF's, both skills will be useful.
Along with skills, there are a few more important factors.
- Height: In basic guidelines, the higher the better. At the beginning, height is not so important, so you can check the manual for suggested height here and try to follow it. A great height will make rebounds and footwork raise and dribbling decrease. A smaller player will have a bonus in speed but does not perform so well in offence because he gets blocked more often.
- A high weight will make speed decrease.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) also affects skills. A high BMI increases footwork and decreases speed. A low BMI on the other hand, decreases footwork and increases speed.
The last thing you need to know about your players is how to make them get better: the training. Your players will train once a week, every Wednesday at 18:15 server time (more or less). If you go to your Training page, you will see two different slots. You can train two different skills. Sometimes, it's a hard decision to make. You have to choose two skills that will allow you to train inside and outside players.
If you want your players to train faster, you should try to hire a coach. It's not easy to gather enough money to hire a good one, but it should be your first great objective in long term. The higher the coach skills are, the faster your players' skills will raise. And there is also one other factor that is taken into account when training: the age factor. The younger a player is, the faster he trains. You can't forget this factor when deciding to hire your first coach. This decision is probably the most important during your first seasons in the game, so you have to be really sure if it's the right time to do it. Hiring the first coach is usually the first big mistake for most of managers, so think twice before you act.
Some extra tips for starters
What should you do to start in the best way?
Apply for a tutor. A tutor is an experienced manager who helps new users individually. He will help you wherever he can and answer to all questions you might have.
What you shouldn't do in the beginning
1) You shouldn't buy players until you have read and understood the section of the manual dedicated to players. You can read this section at [Team] Players. Pay special attention to how the different skills affect the different positions.
2) You shouldn't buy a coach yet. Why? Good coaches are rather expensive and cost over 3 millions, so if you buy a cheap coach it might be a bad investment. We recommend getting a community coach as your first coach, he's decent and he's cheap. Learn more about it in the section of [Team] Training.
What you should do regularly
1) You should pull a rookie every week. Why? Because this is your chance to get a decent young player for little money. Go to Rookie Academy in your team menu to pull a rookie.
2) Visit forums. This is probably the best advice we can give you, since we have a friendly and helpful community. We're sure you will make friends soon and have a lot of fun playing the most advanced online basketball management game!
- [Info] Charazay ()
- [New] Introduction for newbies ()
- [New] Your behaviour ()
- [Team] Players ()
- [Team] Tactics ()
- [Team] Training ()
- [Team] Rookie Academy ()
- [Team] Staff ()
- [Team] Matches ()
- [Team] Arena ()
- [Team] Achievements ()
- [Office] Economy ()
- [Office] Transfermarket ()
- [Office] Friendlies ()
- [Office] National Cup ()
- [World] International Cups ()
- [World] National Team ()
- [Extras] ICC ()
- [Extras] Private cups ()
- [User] Tutoring ()
- [User] CBMoney ()
- [User] Supporter ()
- [User] Federations ()
- [Info] Divisions ()
- [Info] Helpdesk ()
- [Info] Charazay Schedule ()
- [Prog] Certified Programs ()
- [Website] Staff ()
- [Website] Social Networks ()
- [Website] Chat ()
- [Basketball] What is it? ()